Delicious Recipe Book

A Retro Recipe Book!

     This is now the second Recipe Book I have made using a Composition Book from the Dollar Store. I bought a few while I was there because they are so much fun make and it comes together so fast!! This is the kind of project that you can start and finish completely all in 1 day!

     This one is decorated with the Authentique Paper Delicious. Not normally my style of paper as I like bright and colorful, not so much Retro or Vintage. This project is make to give away on my Facebook Business page so I thought if I used a paper that "I" didn't like so much, it would be easier to give away πŸ˜‚ Now that it is done... I still don't want to give it away! 
      I used some of the ephemera that comes in the package to decorate the front cover as well as one of the cut aparts from one of the sheets. This is also a technique I haven't done much of but I think looks really nice and makes an eye catching cover.

     It is going to end up being pretty bulky I think once you start filling it with your recipes. I just think that will add character to it in years to come. When it gets passed down to the next generation of cooks, they will be able to look through and have a memento they can remember forever. I think if I were to get something like this, I would keep it in a plastic bag so it didn't get too damaged over time. I don't have a big family but I would hope it would get passed down from generation to generation for as long as it holds up 😊 

Here are the pictures of what the inside covers and tabbed pages look like...

     As you can see in the first photo here I have made the tabs from acetate sheets. I thought that would be a little better for sliding between other books on a shelf, the tabs wouldn't get damaged sticking out of the book like that πŸ˜‰

     On the back of each tabbed sheet, there is a plain white sheet that you can make notes on or add tips and tricks to recipes in that section.

     The front and back covers have simple pockets that you can add cut outs, photos or whatever you want to put in them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box