Fun with Water Color

     I am having so much fun water coloring again this weekend! I was watching a video on YouTube (Hopefully I can find it again) yesterday doing a really cool technique I really wanted to try. The technique is called The Bokeh Technique and there are tons of videos on YouTube and Pinterest if you need more inspiration 😉
      I pretty much cased the color scheme from the video for this one, I really LOVED the colors! I love bright and colorful cards, so eye catching.
     Anyway... I followed her instructions on the video to do the background and I did it on water color paper. You can also get a very similar look by just sponging but I am having fun and really enjoying learning to water color!  I also made a template using the Layering Circle Framelits Dies first of all.
     I have to admit that the circles really pop in the picture, I didn't think I could see them that well so I decided to put some of my glitter mix embossing paste on with the brick mask from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks.  I don't think it took away from the Bokeh Technique, you can still see it in there but the embossing paste just added a little something.
I am really liking the Amazing You Stamp Set and Framelits from this years Sale-A-Bration Brochure. I goes so well with so many other Stampin' Up! products as well.



The second picture is kind of an experimental background! It can be so easy to get a second project sometimes!
     When I was cleaning up after the first project, I used a couple pieces of paper towel to soak up the left over color from in the lids, when I had it all sopped up, it looked kinda cool so I grabbed the second piece of water color paper and just blotted it on! It was really that ease! To get the green, I just took a baby wipe and put a drop of Lemon Lime Twist and just blotted it on there as well. I was quite pleased with how the color turned out.
     I also used a really old Stampin' Up! product that hasn't been around for a few years... the Spritzer Tool.  Remember, the tool you tightened a Stampin' Marker in and blew air to get the fine mist of color. I haven't used it in years but I can see me bringing it out again for more projects.
     The rest of the stuff on this card was cased from a card on Pinterest that you can see here.

   
     I am going to combine all the products I used for both cards in the Project List but it should be pretty easy to figure out what was used for what card. 😊


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box