3D Christmas Ornament

   


      I can see myself making more of these to give as Christmas Gifts this year! I thought it was so cute when I saw the video! I wanted to make one using more current supplies as the one CASED was from a while ago. It was even surprisingly easy and didn't take near as long as I thought it was going to. Once I started, it felt like no time at all and I was done!
     There were a few sets used in this cute little Christmas Ornament, the current bundle I tried to use the most was the Signs of Santa bundle and the Santa's Workshop DSP, this is my first project using it and I thought it was perfect!! I did use a lot of her ideas from her video on Pinterest but changed the tree and snowman to use the pieces cut from the Santa's Workshop DSP.
     There was very little stamping with this to help it go a little quicker in case you wanted to make these with a group or as a class. The only thing stamped is the "North Pole" from the Signs of Santa set, the "Merry" and the door from the Sweet Home set. Very minimal stamping and still so adorable!
     There are a couple additional piece that aren't part of any bundle... First is the piece that makes the roof. It is a piece of DSP cut to 2" x 3 1/2" and a piece of CS cut to the same. Score in the center then punch a hole in the center of the score line for the desired twine to go in making the hanger. Second are the little pieces I used to make the Mrs. Clause and North Pole Sign stand. They are just 2 little pieces cut at 2" x 1/2" and then scored every 1/2" to make a little stand. I cut the same piece as the Mrs. Clause and North Pole sign from just Whisper White CS to put behind to hide the other pattern on the back of the DSP. Then to hide the tabs when it was glued down, I just used some iridescent Mica Flakes to hide them, happy bonus is that it went just fine with the Sparkle Glimmer Paper I used to make it look like snow on the ground.
     For the base that the ornament is on, I cut a piece of Chipboard (from behind the Specialty DSPs and the Glimmer Papers) to 3 1/2" square.

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box