A Tropical Hello

     I had a great time this morning playing a little more with the Ready to Layer stamp set from the new Stampin' Up! 2018-19 Annual Catalog. I had done a "Case The Catalog" card just like they did on page 170 of the catalog and really loved the colors. I wanted to do a little more to "up-do" it though so I headed over to Pinterest where I am always inspired by everyone's beautiful work! Today was no exception...  I found this card which I used as my inspiration for my card.
     Here is the close up look at the focal point to my card. I think it really draws your eyes with the bright beautiful colors that turned out so well together.  I needed 4 colors so using the ones in the DSP, I added the returning Blackberry Bliss and it turned out perfect!
     After playing with the Ready to Layer set a little these last couple days, it is getting a little easier to use. At first I was ready to give up and toss it in the corner. I really want to use the Stamparatus but I found it easier to stamp each one individually. I tried a few different color combinations as well and nothing was good enough to turn into a card. After doing the one they did though, I find it a little easier to do now... Each stamp is numbered 1 through 4 and how they did it was a dark for #1 then a soft coordinating color of the same shade. For #3 is also a soft color but of a different coordinating color. For example, Start with a dark blue and then a softer blue and for the next ones, a soft green and a darker green. For mine I basically did the same thing but I switched the 2 softer colors. For doing the layers of this set the first image is stamped in Shaded Spruce, the second image is stamped in Blushing Bride, the third image is stamped in
Granny Apple Green and the last image is stamped in the returning Blackberry Bliss, one of my all time favorite purple colors. I am not a huge fan of purple but this year I may be changing that opinion! I am starting to find some nice color combinations with this awesome set and like how the purples are all just the right shades. I am very happy I decided I needed to have it. 😉
     I am also finding myself using the baby wipe technique a fair bit in my cards lately! I really like the way the colors combine and how you get a better ombre look to the ink. I did the flowers with the Blushing Bride and Blackberry Bliss and love how beautiful it looks.
     I was really excited about how my card turned out but when I showed my Daughter... she said it was kinda wild! She might be right but I really like it! I may have to try some other variations but I am pleased with how this one looks.
     What do you all think? Lets see who actually reads my blog, leave me a comment and let me know what you think or if you have any questions about how I did something I maybe missed in my post. I would love to hear from you!

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box