Beautiful Blizzard in August

     I spent the morning playing with the first of many of the new Bundles from the 2018 Holiday Catalog! I was so excited when I received my box of goodies last week, but had to wait till the weekend before I could play! Of the 14 bundles in the new catalog... I bought 6 of them right off the hop PLUS a bunch of other goodies... My order was a doozie 😉
     I was asked to do a workshop in a near by community and this will be the first one I have ever done so maybe it will become a regular thing! I was told the ladies that will be attending are new to Stampin' Up! but have stamped and scrapbooked before, they meet once a month to scrapbook so I'm sure they aren't at a beginner level. Although, at a beginner level, I don't think this card would be too difficult for them to do.
     I have to admit that the idea was from another demo's card, mine looks nothing like hers but the idea still came from her so I want to give her the credit 😉  Amy Koenders is her name and you can see her card on Pinterest. As soon as I seen it, I had this idea for mine. I guess it also includes Kelly Acherson's Vellum Overlay Technique that can be found on Pinterest as well so they both deserve credit! So that is where the idea for my card came from... Love Pinterest for that!!!
     It is really a very simple card! You can see what the dimensions are just by looking, only 3 layers and 2 of them are exactly the same!
  • Night of Navy card base is cut to 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" so half a sheet of CS and then scored at 5 1/2"
  • A Whisper White and Vellum piece each cut at 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Another Whisper White piece for the sentiment cut to 1" x 3 1/4" 
     You can do whatever colors you want but for me Snowflakes and winter is blue's with some glimmer. I really like the colors I chose, they look nice together! I stamped on the Whisper White piece and put the sentiment piece and the snowflakes on the vellum piece. To stick the vellum down I just used a glue dot under something so they aren't seen. Then to add a little more glimmer, I put some rhinestones in the middle of the snowflakes.

  Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box