The Exclusive Blended Seasons Bundle

     I finally had a chance to play with the Blended Seasons Bundle that is exclusively available only for August and while supplies last! This is a great bundle for any season or occasion really... just find the right sentiment and away you go 😃  Click the shop now button and get your own before they are gone for good!
      The first card I did was a Sympathy Card for a friend who lost a loved one. I wanted something simple yet pretty and also wanted to use the Stitched All Around bundle. Also a very versatile set, Stampin' Up! is coming out with quite a few in my opinion.
     There isn't really much for instruction for this card... It's pretty straight forward, but I will do the best I can to explain how I did it.  The flowers were colored with the new water color pencils that are also available for a limited time as of yet. I just colored in the center and used a blender pen to color it out a bit.  I fussy cut them out and cut off the budding vine and placed it in another spot. The subtle color for the back ground was just done with my own spritzer, rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint with a hint of reinker and spritzed on from a distance so not to dark.
     That about covers that one!
      For the second one, it is a CASE originally by Kelly Acheson of A Stamp Above.com  She is an amazing demo and I follow her everywhere! I learn a lot by so many amazing demos. Hopefully one day I can be as creative and talented as they are! One day!!
     Anyway... I originally saw her video on YouTube but you can also find it on her website with the link I have provided for quicker easier access.
     I couldn't wait to try it for myself as I finally got some of the stampin blends in some "flower" colors. I'm not really a purple fan but I am really liking the purples in this years color refresh in the Annual Catalog. I can definitely see me getting more (all) of the Stampin' Blends because they are so easy to use and clean clear coloring. I loved to color but veered away from it with just the regular markers as they left lines. I can see things changing in my future.
     The vellum CS is cut to the traditional card size  4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
     The piece inside is kind of like a mini card and the pieces needed are as follows:
  • Whisper White 2 @ 2-5/8" x 3-7/8"
  • Basic Black 2-3/4" x 8 & 2-3/4" x 4"
The small black piece is to be but on the very back so you don't see the adhesive through the vellum.  Smart thinkin'!!
     Now, as you can see... there is some strategic stampin involved with this card but it is WAY easier than it looks, as long as you have the new Stamparatus that was introduced in this years annual catalog. Simply layer and put your card in together (WITHOUT ADHESIVE) and use washi tape to mark where to line up the pieces. Watch Kelly's video on YouTube, it's so easy! She explains it so well 😉 I am excited to try it with another Stamp Set! Sometimes I can't believe I can't think of these awesome and easy cards...  I did mine just like hers but with a different color. That is the best part about CASEing from another wonderful crafter... but always make sure to give them credit! They deserve it!

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box