Stampin' Blends Storage

     I had seen another Demo had done her own DIY for storing her Stampin' Blends along with the old Blendabilities Stampin' Up! used to have. I really liked her idea and decided to give it a try for myself. I didn't need it to be as big as what she did but used the idea for mine. The original idea is by Cathy Pinchbeck and I seen it in the Facebook group Demonstrator Planning Place! An amazing group of Demonstrators always ready to help in any way they can! I don't know if she posted her project on her blog but here is the blog to check out anyway!
     When I posted my project to the group, everyone asked for instructions... There really aren't any exact measurements as it all depends on how big you want yours to be. Mine is half of what hers was. So using the Acetate Card Boxes, I stacked 9 high and hers was 2 wide as well. You can see mine isn't quite full but it will be soon enough. I am really liking the Blends! I didn't think I would but I have come around.
     So to do the base of the project you need a package or 2 of the Acetate Card Boxes and I cut an inch off one end, not including the flap for closing it. Cut an inch back from the straight edge. (I do have the old Table Top Cutter that Stampin' Up! had years ago so just using the Stampin' Trimmer could be a bit more of a challenge) Each row holds 6 markers so depending on how many you have... I used 9 boxes and put a piece of the cardboard backing that comes with some specialty DSPs and the Glimmer Paper, between all the acetate boxes and on the top, bottom & both sides. It helps with stability as well. To make it look cleaner, I wrapped printer paper around the outside edge of all the cardboard so it looked brighter too. As complicated as I seem to be making this sound, it really didn't take very long to make at all! So measure your boxes once you have cut off what you want cut and that is the size to cut your cardboard pieces. Once you have as many stacked high or wide, measure and cut the cardboard for the top, bottom and sides. I also used Tear & Tape adhesive to tape each box to the cardboard piece, you can barely see it and once it's full, you won't see it 😂  With the printer paper to clean up the edges, you really just need to decorate the top, bottom and sides. I did use some retired DSP for the decorating part... keeping the new stuff for my classes and current projects! I used a regular sheet of card stock to wrap around the outside and I didn't trim it, just left is long and overlapped it. I did cut the DSP to just fit inside and I think it turned out really nice! It is pretty sturdy too which was an added bonus!

Product List
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box