Wonderful Romance Weekend

     I have had a very productive weekend this weekend! It has been GREAT considering I haven't been able to find my mojo for the past couple weekends. I don't usually get to my card room until the weekends as there is just too much to do on the weekdays. Having to work sucks! 😂
     I was pretty pleased with what I got accomplished this weekend! I managed to do a few cards and am going to use a couple of them for my card group that meets once a month.
     The one I am most happy with is this one! It is the only one I have done so far today (Sunday)...
     I found my inspiration from Watching Susan Lavasseur's video, WOW NOLA Creations on YouTube. I think her and I have very similar tastes in our crafting creativity!
     I did case it... It is entirely her design, I just changed the colors and the sentiment from what she had done. Hers was a darker look and I wanted a brighter card.
      You can watch her video and it will show you how to make the card but if you pretty much know what you are doing, you will be able to follow my instructions! It's not really that difficult to do a Bridge Fold Card... Looks are a little deceiving but it's pretty easy! 
     Start with a card base cut to 4 1/4" x 8" and score in the Landscape position at 1 1/4", 2 1/2",     
5 1/2" and 6 3/4" and fold to get the shape you see my card in.
     The strip that goes across the front can be any width you want by 5 1/2" long then when you fold it, it will fit in our envelopes! Then you can decorate as desired.

     My Saturday was a little more productive that today has been... I was able to get a few more cards done and am really pleased with how they all turned out! Although a couple were definitely a given as I cased them from cards I found on Pinterest.

     This one was 100% cased from a card on Pinterest! I just love this DSP, it is so pretty and I'm really not much of a "Flowery" person. When I seen how pretty it was and so very simple to make, I had to make it! It was the first one I chose to do with my ladies that come.
     You can see the original card and go to her website from the link. I like to give credit where credit is due when I case a card. I really appreciate all the Demonstrators and Crafty people who post for those of us who struggle sometimes to come up with a design on our own. I post my cards in as many places as I can in case someone struggles like I do and can then find inspiration in my cards.
     I have also come across a few videos that show an easy way of gluing vellum, especially specialty vellum like the Floral Romance Specialty DSP in the 2019 Occasion Catalog.
  Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and a Stampin' Sponge cut in a pie and rub it all over the entire piece of vellum! So Simple!! Sometimes you can't help but wonder how in your right mind you couldn't think of these things on your own.

     This one is cased too just not as busy as the original one I seen on Pinterest, and I changed the sentiment as well. I hadn't used that folder yet either, the Lace Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder also from the 2019 Occasion Catalog.
     I didn't have everything the original card did or I would have added more of the same things. I really like the Well Said Bundle but it is a little pricey for me right now! I will definitely be getting it, just have to pace myself 😉 I can't get it all right off the hop! I wish I could but...
    I almost forgot to add this one to my post! It was actually the second card I had done yesterday and the one above was the third of the day! I was on a roll and didn't want to quit!
     I'm not sure if there is a trick to doing the edge like that, I struggled a little and ended up folding it and running it through. It gave me an embossed edge on the very back but it actually looked pretty cool so that was a bonus. I just covered the inside with a piece of Flirty Flamingo CS and stamped my sentiment a little toward the center and it turned out perfect!
     For as light of a color as the Soft Sea Foam is, it is a pretty bright looking card! I really like it! It is KINDA my design... kinda 😕 I had been looking on Pinterest and seen lots of cards and just went at it with this one.


     This one was my last card of the day and is from the Annual Catalog. I was humming and hawing about whether or not I wanted to get it... Not a "flowery" person remember... as you can see, I got it! 😂 I really like the cards I have seen on Pinterest using it. I didn't get the DSP that goes along with it but who knows... I likely will! 😏
     Not a lot I can tell you about this one as it is pretty straight forward... a pretty simple card and easy to case without any instructions.
     As for the stamping in the top corner... It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be! I thought it would line up to make the corner... but it doesn't! Silly me had the card all together and thought it needed something so I stamped it and had to figure out how to do it. You can do one but the other side, I had to mask off and clean between lines so I don't recommend using the double lined one, use the U shaped one and just mask off the one edge!

😊 Happi Stamping 😊

     It is a pretty lengthy Product List but I think I managed to get everything from all of the cards listed in it. I think I kind of did them in order of what went with what card. Good Luck!

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box