The Floating Frame Technique

The Fun Floating Frame Technique!!

     I have seen some absolutely stunning cards done with a new technique called the Floating Frame and I just had to try it! To do it the way most everyone is doing it, you need to head over to your local grocery store and buy Glad Press'n Seal.
     I really love how the cards look, although... these are the only 2 I have done so far but I think I might try some different ones. Of the 2 I did, I have to say... the one using the Tropical Chic set it my favorite!
     I did case these from another Demo! I had seen hers on the Facebook Demo group and feel instantly in love with the black and white! I don't like to case without giving credit to the original designer so you can see hers on her Website! If the link doesn't take you directly to her cards, they were posted Tuesday March 19, 2019. I was hoping to be able to pin them to my Pinterest board but I wasn't able to so maybe different countries have stipulations!

     I did my second card basically the same way just used a different stamp set! Funny how different they look being done pretty much the same way! Maybe just more color in the top one doing the sponging a darker color on before stamping. The Oh So Eclectic set is just a Distinctive stamp set so you kind of get that look of lighter and darker shades.
     This is a really fun technique buy it does have a few problems... well, that I have found anyway. You have to be really careful, I had a couple spots on both cards when I pulled off the Press'n Seal, it pulled off some of the ink and peeled some of the paper off. You can see in the top photo, the one purple flower in the bottom right corner is really bad! I was able to fix a few spots by adding the same die cut on top of the flawed one. I was able to fix both bad spots on the bottom photo with adding a die cut.
     I did see someone else, another Demo did this technique but used Window Sheets instead of the Press'n Seal and it looked really nice too... Even gave it a little shine, added a little something 😉





Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box