Paper Holder for 6x6 DSP

     I decided this morning to make a box for my 6x6 DSP! I had seen Karin Muller's that she has on her website, see her 6x6 DSP box HERE! I have cased a few of her things so far... Thanks Karin!!
     I thought projects like this that I do for myself is a great way to use op some of the Retired DSP that I have so very much of 😂 Also using the Chipboard from behind the specialty papers and glimmer papers instead of throwing it away... well... recycling! I can't believe how much I have tossed and wish I had kept. I keep everything and never thought of keeping that 😞 I know better now and my Mom has a rater large stash so I'm good! 😉
     I don't have dimensions as I just cut as I go.. I did start with the bottom piece cut square to 6 1/2" x 6 1/2 and worked from there.
     The side pieces you can cut on whatever angel you choose, mine cut roughly 2 1/2" off  to make the front shorter. Would all depend on how much of the DSP you want to show, or what you are going to do to the front. I chose to decorate it up a bit and use the Botanical Blooms dies to do so. The "Enjoy" stamp is from the new Dear Doily in this years Occasion's Catalog (2019).
      This project is using mostly Retired Stock so I will just tell you what it is as you can no longer purchase it 😔 The card stock on the front panel is Strawberry Slush and Cucumber Crush, old In Colors, just not sure of what year, and the DSP is the Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP.
     I didn't really like how the top of the Curtain Fold looked so I covered it with some Whisper White Stitched Satin Ribbon that I believe is also Retired. The punch I used to cut the piece of Cucumber Crush on the front with the sentiment is the Pretty Label Punch which is still current! The 1 3/4" x 7/8" oval punch is what cut the sentiment out.
     It sure didn't take long for me to fill it as I have a fair bit of 6x6 DSP too. I prefer the 12x12 stuff though as I do a few bigger project and manage to mess up so don't want to waste what little there would be with the 6x6 stuff. I will most likely have to make a couple more cause I really like how they look. I am really pleased with how this one turned out! Happy Me! 😁
     I didn't finish the one I messed up cause I wasn't sure if I would use it for anything but I found use for it this morning... I put my embossing folders in it and they fit perfectly!! I will finish it another day though as I want to make something else now 😂
     I hope you have been enjoying my blog posts and have found some inspiration from what I have made. I find inspiration in so many other paper crafters and I just hope I can give back to other crafters! Thank you for checking out my blog! 😊


Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box