Valentine's Day 2019 Projects

     I struggled last weekend to get inspired to make something with the many new items we have! I have a couple bundles from the new 2019 Occasion Catalog but just couldn't find any inspiration...
     However, I didn't give up! I managed to do a few Valentine's Day themed projects. I had seen a video done by Angie Juda of Chic 'n Scratch that I thought was cute... It was however 8 years old and used the old Sizzix XL Bigz Die Box #2 that my Mom had in her stash that I inherited. I was super pumped when I found it 😃
      I watch Angie's videos all the time and love how easy they are to follow! THIS is the one for this cute double sided box if you are wanting to do one for yourself!
     Like I said, I struggled to use new stuff so this is retired stuff! The bundle I used is called Sealed With Love from last years Occasions Catalog. I really liked that bundle so wasn't going to get the amazing one in this years catalog, Meant To Be... but... I just ordered it! 😂 The stuff inside is the Ready Shreddie from that same catalog, first time I used it 😦 and you really don't need very much of it to line the bottom of your project! I just used one little finger pull full and it filled both sides. Ya, there is another one on the other side, you just can't see it in the photo! I followed her direction and made the same thing. I am going to use mine as a door prize at my January Card Night 😃  I used the old oval punch to cut the handle, can't remember the name but its the small one.
     The adorable Mini Pizza Box treat holder is just too stinkin' cute! Another product I am using for the first time but is conveniently still in the current annual catalog!
       To add some color, I sponged the entire box using the sponge brayer then used the same bundle to decorate, the Sealed With Love Bundle, along with the Stitched Shapes Framelits that are also current in the annual catalog.
     The DSP I used is from the 6x6 pack, Sending Love. This might be a little older, not exactly sure what catalog it was in. It was an Occasions one but may have been 2017 or 2018. I know I have a couple cause I really liked it 😉
     I found inspiration for this one on Pinterest! I didn't make mine quite as busy as the original as I was starting to get tired and still had another project I wanted to do before I quit for the night. I was pleased with how it turned out and so was the friend who wanted it for her grand daughter on Valentine's Day!

      This project I seen last Valentine's Day on Pinterest, it was a YouTube video and the only one I have found using the Hersey's Kiss Lip Balm! Its not hard to find but I will still give you the link to the Original Video I watched.
     I followed her instructions but added another cut out to the back as well which made it slide in and sit much better. I used the same Sealed with Love Bundle and also the Sure Do Love You bundle for the banner and to cut out the heart that the "KISS" sits in.  I am giving this one (blue) to my daughter for Valentine's Day. She's not a big fan of pink and the blue is mint flavor which she prefers over the Cherry flavor of the pink one.
     I could believe how close the colors were! The Stampin' Up! Coastal Cabana and the lip balm are practically perfect! The pink one below is a match to the Mellon Mambo so I used last years, Painted with Love DSP to decorate this one.
     I might just keep this one for an example.I do have a couple more of them but want to keep one for myself as I'm not sure if I will ever find these ever again! I was shocked to have found them in the first place! In Canada it seems we don't get the fun things so many other Demo's find in other Countries. I managed to find these at a local drug store so I bought the remaining 6 that were left 😂
     I gave 1 pink one to a friend who apparently collects lip balms. Learned something new about my friend that day 😄
     I now have 2 blue and 1 pink one left to decorate! I am going to wait till I get the new Meant To Be bundle next week and use a current set to decorate one of each. That will leave me 1 more to do next year 😉



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$150.00
Sealed With Love Photopolymer Bundle
Sealed With Love Photopolymer Bundle
[144705]
$59.25
Large Oval Punch
Large Oval Punch
[119855]
$20.00
Brushed Silver 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
Brushed Silver 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
[100712]
$9.95
Sure Do Love You Clear-Mount Bundle
Sure Do Love You Clear-Mount Bundle
[145966]
$64.75
Painted With Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
Painted With Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
[145580]
$17.00
Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack
Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack
[142733]
$12.50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas (Domino) Ornaments

Fancy Fold Card

Recipe Book Box